Sunday, December 28, 2014

Arrivederci, 2014!

Hi!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday- I know I did! Lots of time with family, lots of food, and lots of fun. However, I'll be happy to get back on my regular CF schedule after the new year! It's hard to believe in a couple of days we will be welcoming 2015. This year just flew by. It's hard for me to let go of this year- so many amazingly good things happened- but I know 2015 will be just as good, if not better! I thought I would use this post to try and sort out all the cool stuff that happened this past year- hopefully I don't get too emotional!!! 

*Celebrated my 1 year anniversary at RCFBC. I couldn't imagine working out at a different place. These people have become some of my best friends, and I'm incredibly grateful for the coaches & owners for making a difference everyday. 
*I stepped on a box for the first time since I broke my wrist. With the help of Mike, Elena, Olivia, & CiCi. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. <3
*Also- MET RICH FRONING!!!! How could I forget! I was fortunate to attend the KCECC and see some amazing athletes compete, and meet the love of my life, Rich! 

I just can't even...best day ever. 


*Participated in my second CrossFit games Open!
*Took home second place at the Annual Iceberg Classic rowing competition at RCFBC!
*Successfully got not one, but TWO DOUBLE UNDERS & was able to put a score in for the first Open workout!!
*Worked through a bad fear of overhead squats & got through a few reps for the Open workout
*Got my first wall walk, which turned into 12 wall walks that day!
*Got through 15 (!!!) 20in step ups during Open wod 14.3- Cried so much that day, but the tears were worth it. Still remember how awesome that day was.
*Took on 14.5- the absolute worst wod I've ever done in my life. It took me just under an hour to finish it, but I finished strong & surrounded by some of the best people ever. It was an amazing day to say the least!
*Participated in the Murph event at RCFBC. What an awesome day. So looking forward to next year's event!
*Signed up for my first ever CF competition!
*Was fortunate enough to go to the NorthEast Regionals at Reebok HQ & see some amazing athletes compete!!
*Participated in the Swim Across America 24hr rowing challenge at Nantasket Beach with the RCFBC  crew! So much fun/ so many laughs! Can't wait for next year!
*Participated in the Battle of The South Shore Boxes at CF781. That day forever changed my life & has changed me for the better. I watched the video again, and got chills. I love the CrossFit community more and more every day!
*Climbed to the top of Blue Hills!
*Signed up for my second CF competition!
*Barbells for Boobs competition at CrossFit Tolerance! First time being away from the comforts of the   South Shore! Best time with my girl Lenore! Came in 11th out of 13th in the scaled division!
*02X challenge! Didn't finish, but definitely was pushed way out of my comfort zone! Cannot wait to do this   next year & finish!!! Oh, and I got to meet Mat Fraser!!
*Started Olympic Lifting class!
*Participated in the Three Wise Men Tribute for Veteran's Day. Tough WOD, but it was for a good cause!
*Participated in my second Turkey Trot 5K! Shaved 3 minutes off of my time!
*Had my first public speaking event at Lowell General Hospital for my professional society. So scary, but  now I know I can do it!
* Had way too many PRs throughout the year to list! Stronger & happier! 


Wow. Seeing this all typed out is amazing. I'm crying- just in case you were wondering...haha. Seeing all of these accomplishments just makes me feel so happy. The next time I think I can't do something, I will look at this and prove myself wrong. 

This year has been nothing short of incredible. I've been through a lot- lost some old friends; made a lot of new friends, but never forgot where I started. I've cried, but laughed more; grew but stayed the same. I've stepped out my comfort zone more than once, and I'm happy I did. I am looking forward to the challenges that 2015 holds. One thing is certain, I will never stop making myself better & I will become the best version of myself.  

Thank you all for your continuous support & well wishes. It's one of the main things that keeps me going. You are only as strong as the people surrounding you. <3

Mike, Sharon, Chris, Kaylee, Lauren, JD, Eats, Ali, Sarah, Harrison & all the members at Reebok CrossFit Bare Cove- You are the most amazing group of people a girl could ask for. My life has changed because of you all. Thanks for always cheering me on when I'm on those last few reps, giving me a shoulder to cry on when I'm having a bad day, or laughing with me when I can't stop. I'm looking forward to the next year (s) with you guys!


14.3...tears & hugs...best day.

Love these ladies so much!

14.5- so many burpees!

Murph event with the best!

Regionals with my loves!

2nd Place in the iceberg challenge! 

24hr Row! 

Second competition away from home! 

I climbed up this!!

02X Challenge with this group of nuts!!  

Where my 02X journey finished! I made it up that whole way!!

   
Met Mat Fraser!! YESSS
Turkey Trot 2014! 


1 comment:

  1. In a some ways I am right there with ya and in others you are totally kicking ass! Happy to be following your journey and thanks for the list of reminders of all the accomplishments of this year!

    ReplyDelete