Sunday, May 12, 2013

I LOVE my box!

Hi everybody!

Just a quick Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there- your children appreciate you more than you know- trust me! To my mom- thanks for being amazing, wonderful, beautiful, funny, supportive, & all around awesome. I literally would not be who I am today without you! <3

Ok, so this week has made me realize how much I truly love my box (gym) and the people in it. Not that I didn't love it before, but I've finally figured out that RCFBC is a place that I love to be. Yes, you read that right, I love to be at my gym. Even though I have a love-hate relationship with most of the programmed wods, I can honestly say I've never felt bad after finishing them....except that one where I broke my wrist- LOL. But seriously- when you are sweating profusely, and people are still giving you high fives and disgusting sweaty hugs, life is good.
Mike (my awesome, fabulous, wonderful, funny coach), who knows I LOVE Batman, made me my very own custom kettle "bat"!
He is literally the most adorable human. I've been using that KB like a champ, and even when this stupid cast comes off, I'll still have a warm place in my heart for the good ole' kettle bat!

There has been an influx of members who are only able to use one arm- due to various injuries- which has been pretty awesome for me. It means I get to not feel like the black sheep of the class...hahaha. It also means, that for partner wods, I get to have another one armed partner!! Woop! This arm ain't keeping me down! I've been able to keep up with the class, and have even graduated a tiny bit (I did 5 snatches with a 36lb kettlebell)!! That's pretty awesome!
Most of this weeks' wods were rough...ok, all of them were absolutely brutal. The one that I hated the most was this gem:

WOD

7 min. AMRAP
15 Deadlifts (225/155)
10 Burpee Box Jump Overs
5 L Sit Pull Ups

First off, I didn't even know what the heck an L-sit pull up was. If you want to know, check this out: http://vimeo.com/19084283. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? I can't even do a regular pull up with two arms, never mind this wacko L craziness. I wouldn't be doing those anyhow. When I asked Mike what he wanted me to do instead, he suddenly got this look on his face, and a little sparkle in his eyes. He ran over to the rig & got a one of the rings that we use for ring dips & muscle ups. He proceeded to make this pulley system with a kettle bell attached to it. It was amazing. And it worked so great. 
The dead-lifts were no big deal- used my old friend, the 70lb KB. Easy day. 
Now for the burpee box jump overs. My absolute worst nightmare. Burpees= the devil. Box jumps= the devil's son. Put them together- Just a hot mess. I can't do burpees or box jumps on a good day! I was hoping he was going to scale me some how so I wouldn't be doing that, but of course not. I did a one armed burpee- and I jumped onto a 45lb plate. It took me forever to get up from the burpee. The workout was only 7  minutes long, so I had to try and haul ass if I wanted to get through at least one full round. Not only did I get through one full round; I made it through the 10 burpee box jumps of the second round! I was so happy that I was able to get that much in! 

My family was going through some old photos from my Aunt's wedding  that was back in July 2010. They were on a DVD, so they were playing for the whole family to see. I couldn't even look at the pictures of myself. I was huge. Way bigger than I am now. I can't believe I let myself get like that. I thought I was looking good in that dress. I decided to make a split shot of myself then, and myself now...just to see the difference, and hope that when I looked at them together, I didn't look the same. 

I'm happy to say that I am proud of my accomplishments so far. I'm no where near where I want to be- but I'm getting there- with every wod, and every good meal choice I make. I can honestly say this is the best I've felt, mentally & physically in a very long time. So for now, I'll keep pressing on- killing wods- and getting closer to my goal every day. 

Love you all more than you'll ever know! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment