Sunday, May 5, 2013

We aren't what we say, we are what we do...

Hey Everyone!

Hope you're all doing well! I'm getting used to this one armed living, finally! From my previous posts, you can tell I was feeling sorry for myself, but I decided that there is nothing I can do & I just have to make do with what I have. I hate having to ask for help with things, but whatever- it'll be over soon!
I went to the doctor last week, & he said I have to go back in 3 weeks, & then he'll decide if I'm healed enough to take the cast off & switch to a splint. All I want is to be able to take a shower without a plastic bag, and put my hair in a pony tail!! Soon enough!

I've had some other eye opening experiences this week, but one  that really stuck was the fact that I had been talking to this guy for a few weeks. I'm interested in him & I thought that he had some interest in me, but after 2 weeks of no communication from him, I'm going to take the hint that  things aren't going anywhere with that. Normally, I would buy some junk food, lock myself in my room, turn on some John Mayer, cry, & eat until I felt horrible about myself. This time, I don't care. I mean, I care, but if he isn't interested, then it's his loss. I know I'm an awesome person, & any guy would be lucky to have someone like me by their side. I'm just going to keep working on me, & let the chips fall where they may!

This was my first full week back at Reebok Crossfit Bare Cove. I was so happy to get back into my old routine. I was actually scared of the repercussions if I didn't go back! Mike texted me last week & basically said that he would come and find me if he didn't see me more in class! I truly believe he would-& I can't even tell you how much I appreciate him being on me about getting to class & emptying the tank while I'm there. I was thinking back to when I first started CF, and how scared I was. Mike is why I stayed. If you live in the south shore area, & you're scared to join- please take it from me-you won't regret it. Mike & all of our members make our box my new favorite place to be. I never knew I'd feel so guilty for not going,or so excited to see my new friends at the gym. It's so crazy how things have changed for me in such a short amount of time. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm still going to the box while I have my cast. When I say yes- they say something along the lines of "you're crazy!" Why wouldn't I go? Mike is working so hard to scale all my movements, and it's not like my legs don't work! I say it every time I post a blog, but I absolutely love him-he's the best coach I could ever ask for- I am eternally grateful for everything he has done & said to keep me going even when I want to quit. That's what I think makes him so awesome- he's on my side & I feel like he's truly there for me. Enough sappy stuff for now- just want to let him know that he's the best and he better not leave, because I'll cry forever. lol..but seriously...

Since the weather has finally started to get better, we've been doing a lot of Wods that incorporate running outside. We have a 200m course set up around the perimeter of our building. 200m doesn't sound like a lot, but I can't run. Seriously  I don't know if it's my lung capacity, but I have such a hard time running. One of this weeks' wods was:


WOD
I. EMOTM for 7 minutes
3 Power Cleans (light!) - Focus on form
II. 4 Rounds:
400m Run
7 -Deadlifts

I've sort of mastered the art of the one armed kettle bell power clean, so I know that wouldn't be an issue. 
Deadlifts are my favorite- I actually did my one armed deadlifts with a 70lb KB- so awesome! I felt like I could've actually gone heavier, but that's as big as we had in the gym! The thing that got me was the 400m run- around the building twice. From the get go I knew I would be the last to finish- because I knew I would most likely be walking for most of the wod. People were lapping me left and right, but as they went by, they didn't hesitate to say "great job" "you're doing awesome" etc. If that doesn't keep you going, I don't know what will. On my last leg of the run, my very first crossfit friend, Amy & her friend Marvin (whom I've never met before today) decided that  they would run with me. Amy had already done the wod at 5:30am & just finished her second wod of the day, and she was willing to run another lap with me? How awesome is that. We started out jogging for literally 10 seconds, then I had to walk- we all walked a bit & then Amy said ok- let's run when we get to that cone to the next cone, etc. It made the run seem less daunting having her and Marvin there, going my pace & keeping me motivated  Once we made it back, I still had 7 deadlifts to do. Everyone from our class was there in a circle cheering me on to finish. I busted through those so fast. That's what crossfit is all about- cheering on everyone until the last person is done. I failed to mention that I went to the    6:30 class instead of my normal 5:30 class. I didn't really know some of the people there, and even then, they still cheered me on.  I am so proud and blessed to be a part of such an excellent community. 

I can't believe it's already Monday again tomorrow, but after a full Sunday of meal prep, I'm ready to get back on my paleo saddle & keep myself moving forward. Thanks again for everyone's continued support- you guys are the greatest! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment